Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A d v e n t u r e !
Perhaps you've been wondering where I've been since Christmas. Well ... right here on the dairy farm! But I was busy busy busy making plans and preparations to go with my mom (Naomi) to see my daughter (Katie) in Japan. We spent bunches of hours online trying to figure out what we most wanted to see/do and how we could put it all together. It took hundreds of websites & emails, a blog, a spreadsheet, a few phone calls, and the advise & help of friends - and it was worth every effort. On March 19 I flew to Phoenix to meet up with my mom and begin our adventure.

Weldon was singing, "How ya gonna keep her down on the farm, after she's been to Japan?" but on April 2, I was back home after 11 wonderful days with my mom and Katie in the Land of the Rising Sun.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Had we not taken over 2000 pictures, we would have been obliged to write a book! As it is, I hope a few words and pictures over the next week or so will give you a little glimpse into the beauty and strangeness that is Japan.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:21 PM

    Duuuhhhh, I don't know how to get to the written descriptions of what we are looking at when we view the pictures.

    ReplyDelete